Wednesday, April 2, 2008

ready to ranch

So I was lucky enough to be on a flight this last week, and decided to thumb through one of those exciting airline magazines. I couldn't bother with reading any of the thrilling articles (I'll have to read about the best vineyards in the northwest some other time), because the advertising was so atrocious it was distracting. But one little gem especially caught my eye.

Kudos to the designer, he or she didn't get too caught up in using way too many typefaces, a crime committed by many other advertisers in this mag. In fact the designer found one typeface he or she liked and didn't stray from it at all. Every single piece of copy was consistent. Consistently papyrus that is. Guess what, Papyrus is very hard to read in paragraph form. If it has to be used keep it to a heading. But better yet, don't use it. Stick with Comic Sans, Brush Script, Arial, or something precious like that.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

HAHAHA Comic Sans, that one is my fave. Thanks for the musical suggestions, even though they aren't rap I guess I'll check them out.