Tuesday, April 15, 2008

graffiti + papyrus

I recently ran across this brochure. I struggled with whether or not to post it, but Kylee Pearson convinced me that I must. Papyrus never takes a rest, so neither can I.

I just think it is an interesting combination, graffiti and papyrus. The designer was probably trying to make a statement about how ancient Egyptians were the first to really do graffiti and all art nowadays has really stemmed from that. (though they did it with chisels and wall paint) In which case, papyrus was the perfect selection of typeface.



In all seriousness, I love the front logo/image. It's kinda vintage/urban/simple and the photography is really nice as well. Not a bad brochure, I would probably just make sure people know that papyrus is referring to ancient Egyptian graffiti, because not everyone is as keen as I am when it comes to reading into that context.

No comments: