Monday, March 10, 2008

on a serious note

So, my dear friend Stephen Michael Bartlett brings this logo to my attention the other day, right? It's on an ad. for a charity that provides money to faith-based orphanages around the world. (I think) He claims that this is a nice use of Papyrus. It's not too overwhelming, the "imperfection" of the letters fits with the feel of the rest of the logo, and thankfully they used all caps. I don't know if I'm completely convinced but I don't want to be the one to bash a fairly nice logo of a company that does good Christian work. But just keep in mind that you should always be extremely careful using Papyrus, and just because this logo doesn't look like a complete disaster, it doesn't mean there isn't a better typeface out there for this.

1 comment:

kylee said...

peter, if you are downtown during break, you should check out Renditions on the corner of 6th and main. lots of papyrus lovin going on there, the target audience of that place is really drawn to the typeface it seems.