Thursday, November 1, 2007

This is not made up


I saw this sign in Nampa near the corner of 9th and 7th (in case you want to check it out for yourself). It is 100% real I promise. It's just so sad that this sign was most likely designed by a "Graphic Designer." The cityscape, sleek simple shapes, and bright yellow all suggest hip, metropolitan, exciting, etc. Then why in the world would they want to put a typeface that is meant to look as if you were writing on Papyrus?! Don't they know that papyrus is ancient and there is nothing modern or urban about it?! This just baffles me. Obviously there are some other issues with the type as well, but I'm trying to restrain myself by just focusing on the selection of the Papyrus typeface. Please don't buy a house from this company.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're my new hero. Hands down.

kylee said...

aww but we gotta give credit to the lower case "e's". changing it up, those creative beasts!